Who should apply?
- Entrepreneurs of all ages and all walks of life.
- Founders from under-represented communities.
- Individuals or small teams that have an idea for a business, looking for validation and capital to kick it off.
- Business ideas of all types: local, high-growth, SaaS, brick and mortar, etc.
What we look for in an application
- Business ideas at the ideation stage.
- You're still brainstorming and figuring things out.
- You understand the problem you're looking to solve.
- You have a clear outline of how you will use the $1,000. We want to see it make the biggest impact in helping you get your dream off the ground.
- Passion in your pitch video.
What we avoid when selecting awardees
- Personal use or self-promotion. Examples: home renovation, utility bills, professional training, etc.
- Projects that are not sustainable businesses.
- Established companies. If you're generating revenue or have raised outside funding, we're likely not a fit.
- Other charitable organizations, we want to directly fund entrepreneurs.
- We do not accept consulting business applications at this time.Unclear use of funds.
- No pitch video. We want to see the real you pitching your idea!
Is there a catch?
There is no catch. All micro-grants are unconditional awards to empower you to take the first step into starting your business. When you win, the entire community wins.
Post award support
We don't stop at micro-grants. We want to ensure our founders are set up for success and ready to start their entrepreneurial journey.Through our LPs and organizational partners, we match founders with the resources they need to succeed: key intros, program and accelerator matching, mentorship, and more.